Are you locked out of your phone? Stuck on the password screen and can’t get past it? Phone unresponsive? Want to reset your device?
This article will show you how to hard reset your Motorola Moto G.
Please note that doing a hard reset will DELETE all of the data that is on the device. If possible, take a backup of your phones information. DO NOT do this if you don’t want to lose all of your data or have not taken a backup.
How to hard reset your Motorola Moto G:
1) Turn off your Moto G (long press the power button). please note that there DOES need to be some charge in the battery to do a hard reset
2) Once the device is off, press and hold down both the Power button and volume down key until it brings up the Android recovery screen.
3) To control the cursor up and down use the volume up and down keys and then the power key to select.
4) From here, select the options that you will need within your particular situation, but chances are you will be looking to just reset the device completely and return it back to factory settings. If this is the case, scroll down to “reset device”.
5) Scroll down to “Yes” (this is in reference to it deleting all your data).
6) Once this has been pressed, the device will wipe all of your data and reset it to factory settings. It will restart once completed. Please note that this takes a bit of time to restart.
This process is the same for most Android phones.
If you have any suggestions then please let us know in the comments section below.